Periplo Festival 2017 in Puerto de la Cruz is consolidated within the calendar of events in the city, with the V edition of this International Festival of Literature and Travel held between 23 and 29 October 2017, with the motto of ” Viajar por amor al arte” (Travel for the sake of it).
About Periplo Festival
A delight for the imagination and an excellent way to enrich literature and culture in an unbeatable environment such as Puerto de la Cruz. Born in the emblematic fishing neighborhood of La Ranilla, it was the usual place of lodging for the first travelers who arrived on the island.
Puerto Street Art
With each new edition of Periplo, the open-air museum on the streets of Puerto de la Cruz becomes larger.
With the ideology that a museum does not have to be a closed space, the walls of the city, especially in the neighborhood of La Ranilla, are decorated with the best urban art of numerous artists, both local and international, providing the streets of Puerto de la Cruz with a modern and cosmopolitan air, where culture, art and leisure are merged.
Programme of Periplo Festival 2017 in Puerto de la Cruz
Talks, book presentations and cultural activities will compose the programme of Periplo Festival 2017.
Talks at Periplo Festival 2017
Throughout Periplo Festival 2017 numerous talks with travel and literature as the epicenter of all of them will be held.
Among the talks that can be enjoyed this year at the International Festival of Literature and Travel of Puerto de la Cruz, we can find the following:
- “Las preguntas sin respuesta a un viajero” with Gotzon Cañada.
- “El Oeste de África a vista de Pájaro” with Juan José Ramos.
- “De Tetuán a Canarias. Un viaje literario a través del tiempo” with Abderrahman El Fathi and Antonio Lozano.
- “Escritor viajero: mi aldea y el mundo” by Antonio Lozano and Sam Tchak
- Nicolás Castellano and Pepe Naranjo in “Los viajes forzados”,
- The company Un Millón de elefantes in “De Alaska a la Patagonia”,
- “En busca de lugares de cine” by Ana Fernández
- Chus Lago and Javier Reverte in “200 kilómetros de hielo”,
- Jorge Martínez “El carácter nómada de un creador de ideas”
- Christina Lamb “El trabajo de reportera desde las encrucijadas del mundo”
Book presentations will also be an important part of Periplo Festival 2017 programme.
Eduardo Montelongo will present his work “Cuaderno afortunado” in the Periplo Festival 2017, Anna Boyé will present her book “Matriarcados“, Javier Reverte his work “El hombre de las patrias” and finally Cristina Morató “Divina Lola“.
Exhibitions, showings of documentaries such as “Del Puerto de La Orotava al Pico del Teide” or “Nómadas“, theater and dance performances, and journalism workshops will complete the programme of this International Festival of Literature and Travel of Puerto de la Cruz.
Get to know the location and schedules of all the activities of Periplo Festival 2017 in its Web page.